BLOG: LATEST POST
In 2013, the Ministry of Education Malaysia decided to change the public exam for Form 3, the Penilaian Menengah Rendah (PMR) to PT3 (Pentaksiran Tingkatan 3) which will be implemented starting 2014. However, until now there are many parents, students and tutors who still do not know or are not clear about the format for this new exam.
The table belows list the differences between PMR and PT3:
To summarize, the main difference is PT3 will be implemented at school level, unlike PMR which was implemented at national level. Regarding the format, both Bahasa Melayu & English subjects now will include an Oral Test (listening and speaking), while for History & Geography, the testing instruments are various including doing Case Studies, Projects, monthly tests etcs. For other papers, the testing instrument will be written Test and there will be no more objective questions or MCQs.
The PT3 test for all subjects will be in October. The Oral Test will be conducted early August. Please view the table below for the complete schedule:
For parents and tutors who would like to know about the papers in detail, please refer the sample for each subject by clicking the links provided:
For other subjects, please view the link below:
If you have any question, feel free to write in the comment section below. Thank you.
FROM PARENTS FROM STUDENTS FROM TUTORS
- “ Ahmad Hambal Noorsham is a very dedicated and responsible tutor. His great knowledge in Maths, Add Maths and Physics has enabled him to teach in more effective ways, methods and approach. Furthermore, he is a very good user of English language, where every explanation was conveyed fluently, appropriately and accurately to ensure student’s complete understanding. With all the mentioned qualities, I truly believe that he is able to help his students to achieve excellent results in any examination. As for me, I’m blessed to be able to know him when my son, Mohd Haqeem, needs the most assistance and attention in his Add Maths and Physics for his SPM exam. Tutor Hambal has managed to instill confidence in my son. With his encouragement and effort, my son was able to achieve distinction in both subjects. As a mother, I'm truly grateful and may Allah bless you, Tutor Hambal. Once again thank you. ” Norma Haji Hambali, Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya.
- “ Tutor Hambal has taught my son, Alif in 2010/2011 in Modern Maths as well as Add Maths. The one to one tuition session enabled my son to understand the materials better and with the improved knowledge he was able to apply the concepts in solving any Mathematical problems. His great success in SPM 2011 especially in Modern/ Add Maths is attributed to Tutor Hambal's experience and expertise in both subjects. I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for the high level of commitment shown during the period. ” Puan Julinah, Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya.
- “ Having one to one tuition sessions with Mrs Yap, I managed to overcome my difficulties in Maths. He prepared what was needed beforehand and patiently went through the questions that I wasn’t sure. He gave informative notes and explained well. I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for his good tutoring over this short period of two months ” Rowena, Shah Alam
- " I had classes with cikgu from Form 3 to Form 5, and I have to say I like the atmosphere of the class. Very relaxed but still comprehensive. For my first Add Maths exam I got a D. Alhamdulillah with Cikgu Zainal's help I sat for SPM and scored an A+! " Siti Shyakina Mokhsein, SMDU, SPM 2011 ( Add Maths: A+)
- “I like TutorKami as it is very easy to search and get latest information about tuition jobs. So far I have been succesfull in getting hired by 5 parents. Thanks TutorKami! ” Cikgu Sakinah, Ayer Keroh
- “TutorKami.com is a strongly recommended site for those who are searching for full time/part time job as tutors. This site offers a great service and provides a user-friendly interface too.Frankly, as a new tutor, TutorKami had helped me a lot by professionally guiding me on how to be a good tutor. Thanks to Mr. Hambal, I am now enjoying my part time job. This is a must-not-miss opportunity for fresh grads and unemployed teachers to generate side income whilst contributing to our local educational achievement. " Anas Al-Ansari, Jitra, Kedah